Environmental, Social, and Governance Basics for Corporate Attorneys: ESG Governance Emerging Best Practices and Trends
Live Event Date: August 3, 2022
Live Event Time: 10:00 AM CT
Hosted by Thomson Reuters
Corporate counsel are grappling with multiple Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) issues as never before, driven by internal business initiatives, outside investor and stakeholder demands, employee concerns, and a growing array of global regulations. Companies doing business in multiple countries are increasingly subject to overlapping prescriptive government regulations and proscriptive emerging best practices. Adding to the complexity, the landscape can be very different by industry.
In this first of two webinars giving practical guidance on current ESG best practices for in-house attorneys, Thomson Reuters experts will discuss the current state of ESG governance, with an emphasis on EU and US regulation. Topics will include:
- What is ESG and why companies should care
- Goals of ESG regimes and risks of noncompliance
- Complying with current EU regulations, including extraterritoriality issues
- How companies can look to mold emerging regulations in their jurisdictions
- Managing reputational risk, now and into the future
- And more….
The webinar will be broadcast globally on August 3, 2022 at 10:00 AM CT. Sign up now and view live or on-demand any time afterward.